On March 9. 2016 Microsoft has released the new version of Dynamics AX. The new “Microsoft Dynamics AX” brings the biggest changes of one release in the history of the product with it.
Dynamix ERP Consulting was able to see firsthand presentations of Microsoft employees about the new Dynamics AX at the Technical Conference 2016 at the end of February in Seattle.
In the first place of the innovative features is the new client, which will be used via a browser.
Further huge improvements are i.a.
- New interface and improved efficiency in use of the application
- Full integration of the development environment in Visual Studio
- Strong expansion of the Task recorder for use cases such as guided user instructions, automated functional tests and load testing
- Hosting of Dynamics AX as Software as a Service by Microsoft (in the 2nd half 2016 also as OnPremise version available)
- Web-based POS application
- Providing new tools for ERP implementation projects such as templates for TFS build scripts, Data Packages for data transport between environments, telemetry data outputs of cloud Environments
Dynamix ERP Consulting uses the new version of Dynamics AX in the first customer projects and can thus already use the improvements of the application in practice.